Football Pool Week 10
Now time for Week 10 of the football pool. We all sucked this week. It came down to points for 3 of us. Seems like nothing happened as expected this week.
- Baltimore Ravens at Miami Dolphins: Everyone save for Grandpa took the Ravens because of their records. Murphy's law had other ideas. It wasn't even close.
- Atlanta Falcons at Dallas Cowboys: This neutralized the last game. Grandpa was the only one who took the Falcons. I think their team plane is going back empty because it was a disaster. I quit paying attention after the middle of the second quarter because it was garbage time for the rest of the game with Dallas up 21-3 at that point. 43-3 was the final.
- Jacksonville Jaguars at Indianapolis Colts: Grandpa likes to live dangerously. He took the Jaguars. The Jaguars were never really a threat to the Colts but at least it was watchable.
- Cleveland Browns at New England Patriots: My brother took the Patriots and he is riding high right now. This one was another that you don't bother watching after the half because the Patriots broke the Browns after the first quarter. They just took a bit more gradual running up the score to 45-7.
- Buffalo Bills at New York Jets: Everyone but Grandpa took the Bills in light of their records. We were right. The Bills ran up the score on the Jets as well.
- Detroit Lions at Pittsburgh Steelers: Everyone thought Pittsburgh was going to win this game. No one saw this coming. Neither team wanted to win this game and it ended in a 16 all tie. At least that means the Lions won't go 0-17!
- New Orleans Saints at Tennessee Titans: My brother took the Saints and the rest of us took the Titans. None of us realized how close it was going to be. The Saints woke up in the fourth quarter and rallied but the Titans still won.
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers at Washington Football Team: This should have been a no-brainer. We should have known what was going to happen. Grandpa, in his infinite hope, took Washington. Brady threw two picks and sealed their fate. He and Washington won.
- Carolina Panthers at Arizona Cardinals: I think we need to keep track of who is and isn't injured better. Only Grandpa took Carolina and with both starting quarterbacks out, Cam Newton back replacing Carolina's Sam Darnold, they proceeded to absolutely waste the Cardinals.
- Minnesota Vikings at Los Angeles Chargers: This one was a split and turned out to be a really close game. You never can tell with the Vikings and it turned out the good Vikings showed up.
- Philadelphia Eagles at Denver Broncos: We were all so sure that the Broncos were going to beat the Eagles. I don't know what happened but it never came to pass and we all lost.
- Seattle Seahawks at Green Bay Packers: No one knew if either Russell Wilson or Aaron Rodgers were going to be back. They both were. Grandpa took Seattle, who then got shut out.
- Kansas City Chiefs at Las Vegas Raiders: This was another split. And then the Chiefs proceeded to tear the Raiders a new one.
- Los Angeles Rams at San Francisco 49ers: We all expected the Rams to destroy the 49ers. Stafford took a big dump and lost for them. 31 + 10 = 41 points for the tiebreaker.
- Me: 6.5 games but 48 points
- Brother: 6.5 games but 55 points
- Grandpa: 6.5 games but 57 points
- Mom: 5.5 games
This website is designed to last.