Hopefully Happy New Year 2022
After the unmitigated shitshow that was 2021, I can only hope and try to work towards 2022 being better. I know there's not much I can do in the grand scheme of things, what with politicians generally being stupid and/or evil, but I can try to improve my own situation a bit.
I hate using the term "resolutions" because it seems like they're too easy to go "fuck it" and quit on, so this is what I'm going to at least try to do in the next year:
- Lose weight, get in shape, eat better, etc.\ Since I was sent home at the beginning of the pandemic, my diet has changed a good bit since there's no readily available takeout or restaurant. As a result, I've lost about 40 pounds/18 kilograms and have another 30 pounds/13 kilograms to go. Unfortunately, a lot of it has been replaced with packaged/frozen stuff because I don't want to go out in the plague winds and the store was short on things. I've also been less active as a result. Both need fixed.
- Unstuff my head\ The pandemic has not been kind to people, myself included. The news surrounding it definitely did NOT help things. The number of people who reported having anxiety and/or depression between the start of the pandemic and now has QUADRUPLED. By this time next year, I'd like to have dealt with it and it not affect me anymore.
- Fix the house\ I bought my house as-is close to 10 years back knowing that it had a few issues. I've taken care of a few things but there's a lot of maintenance that was abandoned that I need to take care of, like repainting the outside of the house and replacing the crumbling deck. Even more needs to be done before I can consider selling the place but I'll call it a win if I get caught up on the maintenance.
- Read more (and social media doesn't count)\ I spend way too much time online between remote work, social media, games, etc. I need some time to entertain myself without random shit being hurled at me by faceless people. This may be a bit difficult given that most of my desired reading material are ebooks, so I'd be reading on my phone, but I'll try to re-animate the old Nook and see if that'll fix the problem.
- Keep this site going and finish #100DaysToOffload\ I created this site for #100DaysToOffload and you see the progress made so far. The year ends 2022-02-03 so Day 100 has to be done by then. I'm going to keep it up past then, just not with an enforced pace. Some useful stuff got added here. Also a lot of bullshit padding got added to tick boxes, but that can be removed later. I still have to tie up some loose ends regardless.